Sherman's News - 2013
• Winter/Spring: Sherman is writing songs to record this summer.
• March 18: Sherman Ewing performs in New York City.
Sherman's News - 2012
• September 7 - October 6: Sherman Ewing and "Jojo" Hermann perform as Missing Cats on tour with the North Mississippi Allstars (NMA). The tour features 17 dates in 11 states over a four week period.
Audiences will be treated to the Mississippi Hill Country blues tradition of NMA combined with the New Orleans boogie-woogie piano and raw emotive songwriting of Missing Cats.
Facebook: Missing Cats (opens in a new tab or window.)
Missing Cats on Twitter: @Missing_Cats (opens in new tab or window.)
Web Site: North Mississippi Allstars (opens in a new tab or window.)
• September 28: Sherman Ewing and "Jojo" Hermann perform as Missing Cats with the North Mississippi Allstars at Irving Plaza in NYC.
• September 4: Sherman Ewing and "Jojo" Hermann release their new Missing Cats CD, "Larry Brown, Amen" on September 4.
• April: Sherman Ewing and John "Jojo" Hermann perform as Missing Cats in Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, and North Carolina during the month of April. See the Spring 2012 tour schedule.
Playing with only a piano and acoustic guitar on stage, John "Jojo" Hermann and Sherman Ewing combine a New Orleans-style boogie with raw, emotive songwriting.
Sherman's News - 2011
• December 3: Sherman Ewing opens for George Porter, Jr. (legendary bassist of The Meters) at the Hiro Ballroom in the Maritime Hotel in NYC.
• October 4/5: Sherman Ewing performs for two nights at the hottest music hall in Savannah, Georgia.
• Saturday, September 10: Sherman Ewing performs at the Mercury Lounge (217 East Houston Street) in NYC (9 pm).
• August 19/20: Sherman Ewing performs two dates in North Carolina.
• Thursday, June 9: Sherman Ewing's CD Release Party for Single Room Saloon at Sullivan Hall (214 Sullivan Street) in NYC (8 pm).
• Thursday, May 5: Sherman Ewing and many of New Orleans' legendary musicians perform more than 8 hours of live funk to benefit the New Orleans Musicians' Clinic & Assistance Foundation (NOMAF.org) at Howlin' Wolf, New Orleans' premier music venue.
• Sherman Ewing is featured in USA TODAY - twice! Feb. 26 & March 1.
• January 11, 2011 (01.11.11): Digital release of Sherman Ewing's new CD, Single Room Saloon.
Single Room Saloon is an upbeat and eclectic mix of country, rock, pop and singer-songwriter tracks.
Listen to sample tracks
Read various press reports
Sherman's News - 2010
• Saturday December 11: Sherman and his old friend, Jojo Hermann, perform as Missing Cats at Warren Haynes' Annual Christmas Charity Ball in the Asheville Civic Center (Asheville, North Carolina). Also performing: Steve Miller Band, Greg Allman, Warren Band, John Bell (Widespread Panic), Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Drive By Truckers, Umphrys' McGee, and others.
• Saturday, September 11: At 9 p.m., Sherman performs with special guest, Michael Ray, at The Ace of Clubs in New York City. At 7:30 p.m., Miguel and The Ocean Swell perform followed by Major Toms at 8:15 p.m.
See a poster image for Sherman's September 11 performance.
• Thursday, April 29: Sherman has the honor and good fortune to be a part of the Down On The Bayou Benefit organized by dear friend and fellow Missing Cat, Jojo Hermann.
Proceeds from the benefit go to the New Orleans Musicians Clinic. The event is held at The Howlin' Wolf in New Orleans. Some of the special guests include Widespread Panic, Bill Kreutsmann, Warren Haynes, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, George Porter, and Ivan Neville.
• Saturday, May 8: Sherman's first New York City performance of 2010 with the full band. Recording new songs for the CD, Single Room Saloon. Held at The Ace of Clubs, 9 Great Jones Street in Manhattan, between Broadway and Lafayette - right under Acme Grill, which has some pretty bad ass gumbo!
• Sherman Ewing is getting ready to release his new CD, Single Room Saloon, produced by Godfrey Diamond. Contributors include Jojo Hermann, George Recile, Tony Garnier, Tom Marshall, Ivan Neville, Zak Soulam, Michael Ray, Jimbo Walsh and, of course, Anthony Krizan, Rob Clores, and John and Kevin Hummle.
• Sherman has been traveling to Nashville to write and play music with his old friend and "partner in crime," Jojo Hermann (member of Widespread Panic). Jojo and Sherm are getting ready to record their first Missing Cats CD. Plans are to record and tour in 2011.